Saturday 16 June 2012

Quilting.

Over the Jubilee weekend, I decided I would have a go at making a patchwork quilt using scraps of fabrics I had lying around. The first and only quilt I have ever made was for my GSCE Textiles piece, and it was quite elaborate, with drawn pieces, applique and embroidery.

I had been inspired by a number of Quilting and Patchwork blogs (the two below are particularly gorgeous!)
Crazy Mom Quilts
Hop Skip & Jump


Originally it was going to be a plain everyday quilt, using a mix of white, pastel pink and floral material, which you can see in the above image...

But then I thought it would make a lovely Baby blanket, and decided I would Applique the letters of the Alphabet on it.


If truth be told I wanted to give myself lots of work on my new sewing machine! I sat engrossed for two days cutting out the letters and sewing them onto the patches! A couple went a bit wrong, so I am going to finish those over the next few days.


Last night I decided to start sewing up some of the patches. I would have done the lot as I was on a roll but then remembered I still have to applique the missing letters. I WILL finish it over the next week or so though!!


No comments:

Post a Comment