Thursday 1 November 2012

Sneeky Peek at Issue 4 of Pretty Nostalgic Magazine

Excitement is building as I await the arrival of the new issue of Pretty Nostalgic magazine - Due to hit the shelves of suppliers and letter boxes of subsribers over the next few days.

Even though I am a Regional Editor for the publication I still desperately long to see the other beautifully written and presented features of the new issues.

I have special permission to show a sneeky peek of the wonderfully festive cover of the new issue right here!


Here are also some little teasers of my two features in this forthcoming edition of the magazine, which are my favourite to have worked on to date:

The first is a look into the world of nostalgic sweet making and I got to visit a beautiful tradtional sweet shop in the stunning Peak District National Park, Mr Edwards Sweet Emporium (www.edwardandvintage.co.uk) It is a real Christmassy feature and even has some recipes for readers to try themselves. I particularly enjoyed my photoshoot at Edward & Vintage and the owner David was a charming host!



The second is a feature on Taxidermy and explores three female taxidermists working in the field today, along with a collector of taxidermy who has incorporated it into her home transforming it into a fantastic space full of character. Taxidermists Amandas Autopsies (www.amandasautopsies.com) Nicola Jayne Hebson and Holly Christian (www.hollychristian.co.uk/Holly_Christian) are profiled, along with Rachel Whylde (the collector)

I enjoyed working on this feature especially and even got to have a dabble in the craft myself - a surprisingly delicate process. Many thanks to Amanda of Amandas Autopsies for letting me attend her Stuff & Nonsense Taxidermy workshop at the amazing St Barts Pathology Museum, London.


You can read these and pages more of inspiring and beautiful features in Issue 4 of Pretty Nostalgic, available at WH Smiths, from the Pretty Nostalgic website and a host of Independent Stockists. A list of stockists and also the option to purchase online can be found here: http://prettynostalgic.co.uk/this-issue/

Subsriptions and the gorgeous Pretty Nostalgic Home book also make fabulous Christmas gifts for Vintage, Craft & Nostalgia lovers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment