Thursday 31 May 2012

Things I am currently making....

I have a bit of a naughty habit of knitting/making things then not quite finishing them and moving onto something else!! Usuallly its not my fault and is down to me running out of wool when there is a tiny amount of work left to be done!

Here a some things I am creating at the moment:

These super comfy socks. I wanted some thick and comfortable socks for wearing around the house. I have knitted since childhood and thought, how hard can it be? Well I don't know about anyone else but for me, socks have been one of the hardest things i've ever knitted!! Working on four needles was particularly daunting, but since working on the second sock i'm getting used to it. Unfortunately, despite following the pattern and tension correctly, they are turning out to be a bit on the large side for my size 6's, so am giving them to my lovely fella.


I finished knitting this cardigan from a 1950's vintage pattern quite some time ago now...but ran out of wool whilst stitching the last part together! I find wool to be expensive at the best of times and it pains me to shell out on another ball for the tiniest amount that I need. I WILL finish it soon though.

This is what it will look like once I finish it though!! Minus the welts which I left off my version...



I've also nearly finished a jumper made from another vintage pattern. Again, I have run out of wool on the last sleeve, but am going to make a trip to the Haberdashery soon!!


Here's what the finished article should hopefully resemble!!


And finally, Bunting! With all the beautiful sunshine we have been enjoying lately(although it seems to have gone into hiding today) I though I would jazz up my balconies with some handmade bunting. Living in a modern rented apartment often really frustrates me as I want to decorate and give it a vintage feel. But you are very limited with what  you can do in a modern furnished flat. I am envious of friends who live in rented apartments in Germany, where they are allowed to decorate and furnish as they please. My friend Christina has the most gorgeous place, filled with furniture from second hand shops, upcycled creations and best of all, her moms vintage sofa from the 70s. I have to make do with what I can get away with here!


No comments:

Post a Comment